CAUSTIC POTASH is high purity Potassium Hydroxide (KOH).
- Contributes to inhibition of water sensitive shale formations.
- Removes calcium and magnesium contaminants as hydroxides in water-base drilling fluids.
- Activates and solubilizes the organic deflocculants such as lignite (LIGTROL) and lignosulfonate (GEOTHIN).
CAUSTIC SODA is a high purity Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) and use for pH and alkalinity control in all water-based system.
- Cost effective chemical to remove magnesium (Mg2+) as insoluble hydroxide from sea water when used as make-up water.
- Activates and solubilizes the organic dispersants such as lignite and lignosulfonate (GEOTHIN).
Citric Acid Monohydrate (C6H8O7•H2O) is a weak organic acid.
- Soluble iron ion content greater than 40 mg/l causes rapid and severe cross-linking of Xanthan Gum such as REOZAN D or REOZAN DS leading to excess gelation.
- Citric Acid Monohydrate is considered an excellent sequestering agent for iron complexing.
GYPSUM is high-purity Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate (CaSO4•2H2O) powder.
- Acts as shale inhibitor by maintaining high level of soluble calcium in fresh water systems.
- Utilized to treat carbonate contamination in high pH water-base drilling fluids.
- Does not increase pH of the drilling fluid as is the case with lime.
LIME is a high-purity Calcium Hydroxide having the chemical formula Ca(OH)2.
- Common and an inexpensive source of soluble calcium for lime-base drilling fluids.
- Very effective in removing bicarbonate and carbonate contaminations from water-base drilling fluids.
- Increases viscosities and gel strength of (spud mud) for better hole cleaning. This is particularly an important issue in top hole drilling.
POLYTS L is an alkaline liquid temperature stabilizer.
- Very effective in extending temperature stability of polymers by inhibiting hydrolysis reaction causing breakdown of polymers at high temperature.
- Buffers pH in the region 10 to 11 at which hydrolysis is significantly inhibited and temperature stability is increased by about 20 °C (68 °F).
POLYTS P is an powder alkaline material.
- Buffers pH in the region 9.5 to 10 and hence improves the temperature stability of polysaccharide polymers such as natural gums (DURAVIS), cellulose derivatives (REOPAC and REOCELL), and biopolymers (REOZAN D and REOZAN DS).
- Improves the fluid rheology at high temperature and contributes to HTHP filtration control.
SODA ASH is a high-purity sodium carbonate (Na2CO3).
- Cost effective product to precipitate soluble calcium ions as insoluble carbonates in water base drilling fluids.
- Maximizes the performance of bentonite and polymeric additives such as BORECAP SHV, BORECAP SLV and BORECAP L.
SODIUM BICARBONATE (NaHCO3) is used primarily to treat cement contaminated water-base drilling fluids.
- Effectively reduces soluble calcium ions and pH in cement contaminated water base drilling fluids.
- Cost effective chemical for control of cement contaminated drilling fluids.