GEOTHIN is a Chrome Free Lignosulfonate deflocculant used in a wide range of water-base drilling fluids. It meets and surpasses OCMA DFCP 8 specification.
- Superior deflocculant compatible with all water-base drilling fluids.
- Superior deflocculant to control rheological properties. It is commonly used to prevent salt and calcium flocculation of bentonite as well as to minimize the high temperature gelation in bentonite fluids.
GEOTHIN HT is a liquid anionic acrylic copolymer used as high temperature deflocculant in a wide range of water-base drilling fluids.
- Works well in low solids, non dispersed polymer-base fluids.
- Minimizes high temperature gelation in excess of 400 oF (204 oC).
- Not affected by calcium contamination or by high levels of salt.
SAPP is sodium acid pyrophosphate (Na2H2P2O7) used to treat cement contaminated water base drilling fluids.
- Effective dispersant for bentonite-base fluids and is used to treat out calcium contamination, particularly that due to cement.
- Used as a low cost, fast-acting dispersant in low-weight freshwater drilling fluids used in tophole drilling.
- Effective in controlling free calcium in low pH muds.