FERRODENS is high quality, ground hematite (Fe2O3) used as a weighting agent to increase the density in all types of drilling fluids. It meets API 13A Section 3 specifications for drilling hematite.
- Can be utilized to increase drilling fluid density up to 26 lb/gal.
- Has a specific gravity of 5.0, which is 19% greater than the density of Barite (4.2). Thus, for a given density, it is possible to weight a system with low solids content by volume using FERRODENS instead of barite. Lower solids content contributes to improved rheological properties as well as to increased penetration rate.
GEOBAR is finely ground high quality Barium Sulfate (BaSO4) used as a weighting agent to increase the density in all types of drilling fluids. It meets API 13A Section 2 specifications for drilling barite.
- Can be utilized to increase drilling fluid density up to 21 lb/gal.
- Contributes to wellbore stability and formation pressure control.
- Chemically inert and insoluble.
GEOCARB C is high purity Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) used as bridging and weighting material in drilling, drill-in and workover/completion fluids.
- Acid soluble bridging and weighting material used for fluid loss and density control in all types of drilling, drill-in, workover and completion fluids.
Due to acid soluble nature of GEOCARB C, good cleanup is achieved with acidizing. Hence, GEOCARB C can be classified as non-damaging bridging and weighting material.